Before you purchase a new modular home you may have asked, “Stick Built vs Modular Homes what’s better”, let us help? With a modular home you’ll get your new home sooner and cheaper than you would with an on-site home known as a stick built home.
Stick Built vs Modular Homes – The Pros of Modular Home Building
- Lower Cost: Using conventional site-built construction methods will tend to cost you between $150 to $250 per square foot if you’re building a standard, non-luxury home. Modular construction, on the other hand, does cost a fraction of that thanks to assembly line efficiency from being built in a climate controlled factory.
- Quicker Build Times: The efficiency mentioned above also allows you to cut down on your building time. Because much of the assembly you’d have to do is already done at the factory. Many modular homes can take just a week or two to assemble and ship to your building lot.
- Factory Built: Sometimes a stick-built home builder does not do an adequate job of keeping your lumber and other building materials used in the construction of your new home protected from the elements. Problems can occur from this kind of neglect but it will only be noticeable years down the road. Modular Homes are assembly with efficiency from being built in a climate controlled factory.
Stick Built vs Modular Homes – The Cons of Modular Home Building as told by a site-built home builder …
- You can’t customize as much: False, If you’re big into custom homes, a custom modular home design with an custom floor plan can be custom drawn and then built for you.
- You need to be near the factory: False, The cost of transporting such large objects like a modular home is cheaper then you think and because building cost are lower for modular homes you usually save money at the end of construction.
- Zoning is an obstacle: False, Zoning does NOT gets weird when it comes to modular structures. Modular homes are built to the same standards as a stick built home and most of the times they exceed those standards.
Modular Home Builders like Kintner modular homes feature several styles of quality modular home floor plans including floor plans for ranch, two-story, capes/chalets and log homes available for your land. The Pros of Modular Homes is that our floor plans allow customization to fit your specific needs. Kintner Modular Homes, Inc. is a great choice if you’re looking to purchase your first home, downsizing, or a vacation home. Kintner also offers custom modular homes when you’re looking to design your dream house in Pennsylvania and New York. Browse our available floor plans or contact us to receive more detailed information. Remember, our floor plans can be customized to fit your exact building needs.
Above all, the Kintner Modular Homes focus is on providing Pennsylvania and New York customers with quality modular homes and professional services by teaching you the pros of modular homes. From pre-construction planning through our in-house service department, ease and comfort is achieved by our talented team members. The entire team is committed to building a better house and enhancing your building experience. You are not just buying a house; you are buying a Kintner Modular Homes.
The Pros of Stick Built vs Modular are many, Contact Us Today to get the modular home facts …